We are all in this together!

Friday, January 27, 2012

Don't worry, we're all still here!

It has been quite awhile since I've posted to update you about our classroom! I apologize for the long duration between posts! I was absent from school from Tuesday, January 17th through Friday, January 20th so if your kiddo came home and reported that things were a little crazy at school, that's why. We had some fun guest teachers who taught us about space, helped us learn new math games, and taught us new games and songs.

Now that I have returned, and we're returning to normalcy again here are some things we have been working on:
  • We took our Unit three assessment and really did show what we know! We are experts at making groups of 10 (8 and 2, 7 and 3), we can count pennies, nickels, and dimes together, tell time to the nearest half hour, and solve number stories! WAY TO GO FIRST GRADERS!
  • We also took our winter reading and math tests and have all made great progress! I am excited to share this information with you at conferences!
  • With the beginning of the new quarter, we examined our classroom rules and have added a couple more. We will continue to work on these on Monday, but I will post them as soon as we all agree.
  • Next week we will also look at the hopes and dreams that we made at the beginning of the year. If we have accomplished the ones we set, we will set new ones for the rest of first grade. (Can you believe the year is half over already?!)
Thank you for your patience with me this past week and a half as I recover from being gone. Conferences are coming up on Thursday, February 2nd and Wednesday, February 8th . I will send home information on Monday that confirms your conference time and day.

No comments:

Post a Comment