We are all in this together!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

"GET OUT YOUR SNOW PANTS! THE SNOW'S-A-COMIN'!"

The cold weather has sparked a tiny bit of chaos mixed with a tiny bit excitement mixed with a whole lot of drama in Room F. One student came in from morning recess, flopped on the floor, and proclaimed "I have NEVER been so cold in my whole life! I can't go on." Another came in and felt it was her duty to announce the possibility of snow which sparked the comment above. At the very mention of snow pants, students were jumping, smiling, laughing, and celebrating. As one who loves to ski, I must admit I was excited myself.

We have all been working with money this week! Some of us have started working with pennies and nickels while others have just started practicing with only pennies. It's exciting to have so many kiddos at different levels. Our discussion about what we could by was quite entertaining. Some of the answers were: chocolate (ok, I can see that), a new Hulk toy, lunch for our whole class, a new house, and a horse...a brown horse. While we learn about pennies we are all working on our cooperation skills-especially playing fair.

Conferences start tomorrow! We have been organizing, cleaning, and preparing our room so that we can invite our families in. We will have your kiddo's report card to share, test scores, some of our fall writing, and our reading levels to share. I love the opportunity to connect with families to update them, but also have them update me about important events in their and their kiddos life. I can't wait to see you all!

After school I was working preparing to teach after school and I went to the sink to wash my hands and saw this:



"Ok" I thought, it must be a plant or piece of grass that fell in the sink. When I went to take it out I saw this!:


That's right! A pumpkin seed that was washed off of our hands during pumpkin math has sprouted in our drain! I can't wait to show the kiddos tomorrow! 


Books We Read Today:

Kayden brought in "Mufaro's Beautiful Daughters" for us to read. He noticed the beautiful, detailed instructions and shared with us. Thanks Kayden!



Interesting Tidbits from the Day:

"SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" [followed by the most joyous laughter]

"Ms. Carlberg you are the most crazy beautiful teacher. Not bad crazy, but good crazy." 

"When is this 'wacky Wednesday' business going to stop? I've had enough."


No comments:

Post a Comment