We are all in this together!

Monday, November 14, 2011

"I won't tell you mom, but if you eat too many Cheetos you turn into one!"

As I snuck out the door for bus duty this morning, one of my kiddos caught me with a mug in my hand. After he asked me what I was drinking and realized that my mug was indeed full of Cheetos, he informed of that fact. Cheeto lovers beware! How fun to start my day off with a few tears of laughter.

We started something new today! Just like when some kiddos switch into other 1st grade rooms for Read Well, some of our friends moved rooms for math too! We had some friends from Room J and Room H join us and we had a blast! We worked very hard on using the words "after" and "more" when finding numbers on the 100's chart. (You would think it would be obvious, but it's a tough concept for our little ones.) Then, we worked with our math partners in our math journals. We used mini-clocks to help us tell time to the hour. We're experts already! We are all excited for our friends from other rooms to return during math time tomorrow.

Inspired by a group I'm in on Facebook called "30 Days of Gratitude", we started a new project today. Usually every year, we make a turkey and write a few things we are thankful for on it. This is different because everyday until our Fall break, we are going to be adding a feather to our turkey. Each feather has something that we are thankful for on it. It is so heartwarming to hear what our kiddos are thankful for. It is interesting to see the transformation of their thought as we have more and more discussions about it. Today most of our friends were thankful for their toys. This is great, but watch and see how our ideas change. Our turkeys are pretty bare today but I'll post pictures as we add on.

Remember conferences are this Thursday, next Monday, and next Wednesday! I'm so looking forward to meeting with families to discuss your fabulous child. If you have a question about the time (a confirmation slip was in your Thursday folder) please call or e-mail me.


Books We Read Today:
Bats at the Library - Brian Lies


Interesting Tidbits from our Day:
"Ms. Carlberg I noticed that the turkey is.... well.... you know.... [in a whisper voice] naked!" [Class bursts out laughing because the word naked was said!]

No comments:

Post a Comment