We are all in this together!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

"My wish for the whole world is that you are pregnant, Ms. Carlberg!"

Hmm, we had a discussion about our wishes for the world today. I started by sharing that my wish was for everyone to have a safe, peaceful home. We continued around our circle and I was so humbled by the wishes: food for everyone, pets for everyone because they make us laugh, cooperation, money to buy food, water, houses...and then comes the wish about me being pregnant... When I asked why this kiddo responded, "Well because I want to see how round your belly is and what your baby looks like." I laughed to the point of tears and then was at a loss for words...how can you recover from that? Needless to say, this wasn't the only silly and funny moment we had today.

We have continued this week working with patterns in math but also learning how to use the number line to help us do addition and subtraction problems. We have learned how to read a number model (4+7=__) and then make "hops" on the number line to solve it. We can even solve subtraction problems this way! When I say "hop" on the number line, this is what I mean:




We also started working on our "Super Secret Holiday Surprise" yesterday! We have all taken a vow of silence in order to prevent anyone from sharing the surprise before winter break starts. The kiddos are all very excited about it and working hard. I know you will all love it!


We continued our Holidays Around the World celebration today with Mrs. Bergman. She taught us about the Saint Nicholas (Christmas) tradition, how it originated in Germany, and how a pickle is involved. Ask your kiddo about it, they would be thrilled to tell you!




Books We Read Today:
Penguins by Liz Pichon
Sheila Rae the Brave by Kevin Henkes (Thanks for the Christmas present Brandon!)


Interesting Tidbits From Our Day:
"Aww, Ms. Carlberg if you're not going to have a baby now, when are you going to have one? After winter break?!"

"Sometimes when I eat too much at lunch, I feel like my booty is all jello-ey."

No comments:

Post a Comment